10 Questions To Ask At Your Appointment
The easiest way to have a painless discussion about pain with your APM provider starts by asking the right informational questions. Here’s a suggested checklist you may adapt to your situation:
- What cause(s) my pain?
- Can my pain be cured or managed?
- Is it normal to suffer this type of pain with this condition?
- Are there common triggers for this type of pain? Should I avoid noise, heat, certain foods or other situations?
- Why does my pain seem worse at certain times of the day or during certain weather conditions?
- How can a pain specialist help me and my condition?
- What kinds of pain treatments are available and appropriate for me? What are the risks and side effects of each?
- What about alternative treatments? Are there homeopathic or complementary treatments?
- Will diet or exercise help alleviate my pain? Should I see a nutritionist or work with a physical or occupational therapist?
- What resources are available to help me learn more about my type of pain and how to manage it?