View the full PDF Patient Financial Counseling Brochure
Information About Our Patient Financial Counseling
Thank you for choosing Advanced Pain Management (APM) as your pain management provider. We are committed to providing patients with quality, affordable pain management services. We realize that the billing and financial aspects of healthcare can be quite complicated and it is our goal to simplify this process as much as possible so you know what your financial responsibility may be for services you receive.
As a service to you, our office will bill your health insurance company. Providing us with accurate information at the time services are rendered will help facilitate timely filing of claims. Changes in your information should be reported to our office in a timely manner. Your cooperation in keeping your account information current is greatly appreciated.
For questions regarding any of the information listed below, please contact one of our financial counselors by calling (877) 276-6997.
- You may receive multiple bills for our services. If you are having a procedure at one of our ambulatory surgery centers, you will receive one (1) bill for the physician (professional) services and one (1) bill for the ambulatory surgery center (facility) fees. Your benefits for each of these may be different, so please check with your insurance carrier to understand your benefits. Patient payments can be applied to outstanding balances for professional services or for the facility fees, as determined by the organization.
- If you undergo urine toxicology testing, you will receive an invoice from APM for the test. In addition, many of our lab results are also sent to a confirmatory lab for additional information on the quantitative results of the specimen If your test is sent to a confirmatory lab, you will receive a separate bill for their services.
- If you receive services in a hospital or other inpatient setting, you will receive a separate bill for those facility charges, separately from any bills you may receive for services provided by an APM provider or facility.
Patient Insurance Responsibility for Services Rendered
Insurance and Billing
As your provider, please remember that our relationship is with you and not your insurance company. Your benefit coverage is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. Please be aware that not all medical services are covered benefits under all insurance contracts. We encourage you to be familiar with insurance benefits and limitations. If you have any questions about your coverage, please contact your insurance directly.
Co-Payments, Co-Insurance and Deductibles
All co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles are due at the time of service.
- Co-payments are a flat fee paid each time a medical service is accessed and must be paid before any policy benefit is payable by an insurance company. Co-payments usually range from $20 to $50 depending on your coverage.
- Co-insurance is a percentage of the allowed charge that the patient pays after the deductible has been satisfied.
- Deductibles are amounts which must be paid out of pocket before an insurance carrier will pay any expenses. The deductible must be paid by the patient before the benefits of the insurance policy can apply.
Advanced Pain Management is committed to providing high-quality medical services to our patients that are affordable to everyone. Anyone who does not have health insurance qualifies for some level of prompt pay discount regardless of income.
Budget Plans and Financial Hardship
From time to time, we all experience financial hardships and can use a helping hand. Advanced Pain Management offers options to help our patients who are having difficulty meeting their financial obligations to the organization. Our financial counselors can offer you and your family payment options.
- Credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express)
- ACH: Secure electronic funds transfer from checking or savings
There are several outlets for paying your balance in a secure environment. Each patient statement you receive includes a unique URL which will direct you to an online patient payment portal or you can call a dedicated patient account number and payment may be made over the phone.
Online Patient Payment Portal
This portal allows you to make your payments and manage your accounts online as well as sign up to receive e-statements. To pay a bill now, click here
Interactive Voice Response Payment Portal
You will receive an automated phone call prior to your scheduled visits as well as after services are rendered informing you of your current balance. These calls will also allow you the option to pay over the phone, or connect with a patient financial service representative to discuss your account. You can reach our patient accounts department Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST by calling (877) 276-6997.
For questions regarding any of the information listed below, please contact one of our Financial Counselors by calling (877) 276-6997