About This Conference
OPIOIDS IN A NEW ERA: Understanding CDC and MEB Guidelines and Alternative Pain Treatment Options
Advanced Pain Management and the MedicalCollege of Wisconsin are pleased to offerour Opioids in a New Era continuing medical education activity. We invite you to join us on November 11, 2016, at the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. This activity is meant to illustrate the potential benefit of responsible opioid prescribing for a carefully selected and monitored subgroup of intractable pain patients, as well as the risks associated with prescription use.Advances in alternative pain treatment therapies provide another avenue for chronic pain patients and will be discussed.
- Define tools, professional resources and strategies for responsible use of opioids in pain relief while minimizing the risk of prescription misuse, abuse and diversion.
- Identify information and data surrounding the appropriate use of pharmacological and non-pharmacological options to
assist with the treatment of chronic pain patients.
- Discuss the revised CDC and MEB guidelines and continuing education requirement surrounding opioids, which will be mandatory beginning in 2017.
- Explain data to enable physicians to adopt the new guidelines.
- Describe the advances in neurostimulation and other pain treatment options.
Fee to register: $75
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Advanced Pain Management fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need assistance, please notify us two weeks prior to the activity.
Advanced Pain Management has implemented a policy to comply with the current AccreditationCouncil for Continuing Medical Education Standards for Commercial Support requiring resolution of all conflicts of interest. Faculty declaring a relevant commercial interest will be identified in the activity syllabus.
LODGING at the KALAHARI RESORT & CONVENTION CENTER
A limited number of sleeping rooms have been reserved at a reduced rate:
- Thursday, November 10th: $112.00 + tax / Friday, November 11th: $129.00 + tax
Reservations must be made by calling 877-253-5466 on or before OCTOBER 11, 2016. Please ask for the Advanced Pain Management Room Block rate.
Contact Ginny Cairns, Conference Consultant
Phone: (608) 604-4659